2026年8月22日の夜から23日にかけ、タイ南部で治安部隊やインフラを標的とした50件を超える同時多発放火および爆破事件が発生しました。治安当局はパタニ、ヤラ、ナラティワートの3県で警戒を強め、ナラティワート県の一部地域では一時夜間外出禁止令が発令されました。
タイ南部の最南端に位置するイスラム教徒の多い地域では、2004年以来、仏教徒多数派の地域で自治拡大を求める低強度の紛争が続いています。今回の事件は、これまでの紛争の歴史の中でも特に大規模な同時攻撃の一つとなりました。
ナラティワート、ヤラ、パタニを襲った51件の同時多発攻撃
攻撃の標的となったのは、地方行政機関のオフィスビル、コンビニエンスストア、通信塔、電柱などで、盗難車両が利用されたケースもありました。合計51件の攻撃により、地方行政機関の建物やセブンイレブン、盗難された車両が炎上したと報じられています。
Dozens of co-ordinated arson attacks hit southern Thailand
被害が最も大きかったのはナラティワート県であり、同県では民間人2人が負傷しました。隣接するヤラ県やパタニ県でも同様の被害が確認され、少なくとも12カ所以上が同時多発的な爆発や放火に見舞われました。パタニ、ヤラ、ナラティワートの少なくとも12カ所で、ほぼ同時に爆弾爆発と放火攻撃が発生したと現地の報道機関が伝えています。

当局による警戒態勢の強化と一時的な外出禁止令

事態の深刻化を受け、タイの治安部隊は直ちに現場周辺を封鎖し、不審物の掃海作業や捜査を進めました。ナラティワート県では、スンガイコロックやタクバイなどの指定区域で一時的な出入国・通行の制限措置が取られました。
さらに、ナラティワート県当局は事態を収拾するため、週末の夜間にかけて厳しい外出禁止令を布告しました。当局はナラティワート県で夜間外出禁止令を施行し、日曜日午前に解除したと伝えられています。日曜日朝以降、新たな大規模攻撃は報告されていません。
過激化する背景と治安維持司令部の見解
Dozens of attacks in Thailand's restive south leave 2
「Multiple coordinated incidents aimed at creating unrest occurred in various locations across the southern border provinces」 from around 8:00 pm to midnight on Saturday (August 22, 2026), ISOC said in a statement.

同司令部はさらに、今回の暴力行為の目的について強い危機感を表明しています。
「It is clear that the insurgents remain committed to using violence on people, damaging confidence in the economy, creating uncertainty and undermining the government system」
長期化する南部紛争とこれまでの背景
タイ最南部における紛争は2004年に本格化して以来、これまでに7,000人以上が犠牲となっています。2004年以降、タイ最南部では仏教徒が多数派を占める国で自治を求めるイスラム教徒の反乱により、7,000人以上が死亡する低強度の紛争が続いていると指摘されています。
武装勢力や分離主義グループはこれまでも、政府高官の訪問前などに合わせて治安部隊や政府施設を標的とした攻撃を行ってきました。タイの首相や閣僚らが投資プロジェクトや治安問題を協議するため南部を訪問する予定を控える中での事件となったと報じられており、政府の動向を牽制する狙いがあったと見られています。
Narathiwat Governor Boonchuay Homyamyen told local media that authorities were investigating the sites of the attacks on Sunday (August 23, 2026), including the local government office and telecommunications towers and electrical poles. There were no further attacks reported on Sunday (August 23, 2026) morning, Mr. Boonchuay said, adding that he did not have details on the injured.
No group has claimed responsibility for Saturday’s (August 22, 2026) attacks. The incidents took place across the country’s southern border provinces between 20:00 local time (13:00 GMT) and midnight on Saturday, the military’s Internal Security Operations Command said in a statement. Most were reported in Narathiwat province, with others occurring in neighbouring Yala and Pattani. According to the Bangkok Post, two women were injured when a bomb exploded in Muang district in Narathiwat province.
A vehicle was stolen from the office of a subdistrict administrative organisation in Narathiwat during one of the attacks that left the building in flames, ISOC said. The burned-out pickup truck was later found left on a road. Insurgents in the deep south regularly carry out attacks on security officials and government property, including ahead of visits by officials to the region. Last month, assailants killed five soldiers in a shooting and bomb attack at a checkpoint in Narathiwat.